Well, one by one the puppies are leaving me!!!! It is so bittersweet. But, I truly believe that they have found wonderful, loving homes! Just so you can grasp this: We would go through a 20 lb. bag of puppy food in 6 days!!!! Can you imagine 10 puppies all pooping at the same time? I can! If I wasn't johnny on the spot to scoop, we would have to move their pen! Out of control I tell you!!! I have loved every minute of them, really. They are such beautiful creatures and are so full of life. We have seen a new side of Kinsley this past week. You know, Bentley has always been crazy, we get that! But Kins, she is so timid and just follows along. This week, she has been playing with the puppies, rolling on the ground, throwing toys in the air. So fun! She is still doing her "mommy duties," she will nip at the puppies if they need it or she will nudge them with her muzzle. I still have 5 puppies in my possession. One, "Charlie," is going to Bentley's brother that lives around the corner. His name is Hunter and he needs a friend, desperately! I look and him and think, "Oh my! that is how Bentley would still be acting if we hadn't gotten him a playmate!" He has been nicknamed "Charlie" because he has a "C" of white fur on this hip! I have two interested parties for 2 others. They are just trying to gather funds or prep their houses and yards to bring a puppy home. I pray that they come through this week. I have a college student that is also interested. He is at A&M and is transferring to Tech in the fall, studying Electrical Engineering. Sounds like a great kid, trying to make all the right decisions. We'll see!!!!! I haven't given up, they will be 8 weeks on Wednesday. So, in due time, they will all be gone!
Here are a few pictures from the last week. (I think I have just as many of the puppies as I do the kids!)
BTW, spring break was great! We couldn't go on an extravagant vacation because we had puppies to look after, and FEED! We laid low, Lee and I stayed up until midnight every night, catching up on our taxes, watching movies, watching all of the stuff in DVR. He had taken several days off. The girls would let us sleep until 9, it was fabulous! We went and saw "Gnomeo and Juliet" and "Rango." They were really cute! The girls loved it! We finally got the front beds completely mulched. If you have seen my yard, you understand me. It took 5 truck beds of mulch, something like 60 yards of mulch! We planted lots of flowers. The darn wind has been blowing so much, there are millions of leaves that now cover my beautiful, fresh mulch! It looks so bad, I'm not even going to post a picture! Maybe after the bitterness wears off!
Anyway, here are some sweet babies!





These are from today, playing with bubbles.





The puppies that have left are, in order: Max, Madison, Brownie, Duke and Beau. Duke and Beau went together!!!! Isn't that cute?
No comments:
Post a Comment