Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sort of Settled....

We are still here! Trying to get things unpacked, be Mommy, be a wife, be a housekeeper, a chef, a taxi driver...and still keep unpacking! Wait, I need a wife! Just kidding! We are managing. Things are definitely hectic and we are always on the run. Corinne and Claire were in swim lessons this summer, and we just kept it going because Corinne is doing so well. They are both in ballet and Corinne just started gymnastics. And, they go to school 3 days a week. I'm not complaining...just explaining! I promise I am not purposely ignoring anyone! Anyway, I have included just a few pictures of what is going on around here. The landscaping is finally getting started tomorrow. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a nasty gram or a fine for not having anything yet. We have put about 5 landscapers to the test and finally settled with one. Can't wait to be able to show you pictures! The house is great, can't wait to get things on the walls and get all the boxes out. In due time, right? We had a beautiful iron fence installed a few weeks ago and Bentley loves his yard!
Here is the back of the house. They had to dig and jack hammer over 80 holes for the posts.
This is Claire on her first day of dance...yes, she looks like Medusa. She did great and wants to be just like her big sister!
Here is my handsome boy. Sir Bentley had just had a haircut. He carries himself so high and proud. The biggest news of all.......we sold our house!!!!! Yes, it took close to 2 months. We are so relieved! The buyers did not ask us to fix anything on the inspection. We were completely surprised. That house was built in 1975, we just knew there would laundry list of items to fix. The buyers are a great couple with a 6 year old daughter. They are looking forward to putting in a pool and taking down some walls inside. They invited us to come by some time and see what all they have done. We will close the 1st week in October. Whew! I had to include a picture to show you how great it looks!This is what it looked like when we bought it in the winter of 2006.
Here it is in June 2009.

No comments: